HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

The Best Question?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: The Best Question? Reply with quote

I was in a meeting today where it was being suggested that myself and the people that report to me receive requests for service, fill out a Help Desk request for service form for tracking purposes, and work from that form updating status, etc.

The company I perform web services for has a Help Desk and the Help Desk manager was in the meeting as well. This is a task that is performed by the Help Desk. The Help Desk receives requests for service, documents the requests for service in form, and assigns that form to the appropriate department such as Network Infrastructure, Web Infrastructure, Desktop Support etc.

Since we currently receive requests for service in a number of different ways such as Work Orders, E-Mail, Phone calls, Help Desk tickets, etc., the Help Desk manager suggested that if we receive a request for service that is not in the form of a Help Desk ticket we should open a Help Desk ticket using the same application as the Help Desk personnel uses. One other manager at the meeting also asked "yeah, can you and your people perform this task to help track requests so that we may build metrics for your area?".

I looked around the room at everyone...right in their eyes with my poker face and stated "I think the best question that should be asked is are we currently employed by a company that is paying people to perform that task already?". Immediately the senior manager in the meeting stated..."well, what we can do is have any requests that you receive that are not in the form of a Help Desk ticket automatically forwarded to the Help Desk where they can create a ticket and forward the Help Desk ticket to your group.

Isn't that interesting? They really didn't need me there to solve that problem. The senior manager in the meeting could've stated that without even having the meeting.

Niggers gotta learn how to prevent white people from shoving more and more of their work onto niggers. I just asked a simple question and immediately the senior manager in the meeting solved the problem. If that had not happened I suspect I would've been doing more and more work while a white person working on the Help Desk making less money than me would've been taking more and more vacation.

I suspect if I hadn't been at that meeting I would've been assigned to perform web infrastructure support and open Help Desk tickets.

Last edited by Edward Williams on Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Josh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fell for that a lot when I was younger. I thought that by accepting extra assignments and taking on other peoples responsibilities... I was "showing initiative"...being a "team player", and that these actions by me would be reckognized by the White people who owned the company.

But check this out:

The more I did this, the more White people assumed they could "do it to me" (change my schedule,add on assignments...) I thought being "flexible" would increase my value to the company and lead to promotions...

Well.

before I knew what happened, I had become "part time" and from there, moving me completely off the schedule was easy.

They did it in such a way that I could never point out exactly when or if I was fired or laid off, its just that one day I noticed that I had become "tha temp guy" filling in when someone else was not available. Now that I look back on it I see how slick they were.

Everytime the White person made a change in my schedule, he used a whole lot of words to make it sound as if I was personally "helping him out"...like it was some kind of "favor" just for him.

And me being a nigger...I failed to ask questions

(((shakin my own head)))

This other White man was even slicker.

He would only give the Black employees between 37 and 39 hours but then he would pay you cash "bonuses" for any work above that. I thought its was strange of him to do things that way. But when he decided to "throw me away" I figured it all out.

By keeping us right below 40 hours a week, he maintained our status as "CASUAL LABOR". He kept all the Black guys in permanent employment purgatory.

This way he could get rid of us without firing us or even "laying us off"...since we were "casual labor"...we didn't count as employees, we were just some "blaxx" that kinda showed up everyday.

This White man was slick, he had it all planned out.

He would occasionally show up with a camera and make some excuse for taking group pictures. It was really strange because none of us were dressed for these "company promo pictures".

I later understood that it was for his protection. White people who mistreat niggers sometimes end up being physically assaulted by said niggers.

He was takinging pictures of us "just in case".

I ve said it before and I'll say it again. Racism White supremacy is not some sloppy operation. White people who practice it study the techniques and practice using the language.

I always try to alert the younger Black people who I see are exhibiting the posture I once had.

In the area of people activity known as Labor; its important to be "smart" and not just "nice".

The way to become "smart" is by

ASKING QUESTIONS

jOSH
Auditor1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Th Best Question? Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
I was in a meeting today where it was being suggested that myself and the people that report to me receive requests for service, fill out a Help Desk request for service form for tracking purposes, and work from that form updating status, etc.

The company I perform web services for has a Help Desk and the Help Desk manager was in the meeting as well. This is a task that is performed by the Help Desk. The Help Desk receives requests for service, documents the requests for service in form, and assigns that form to the appropriate department such as Network Infrastructure, Web Infrastructure, Desktop Support etc.

Since we currently receive requests for service in a number of different ways such as Work Orders, E-Mail, Phone calls, Help Desk tickets, etc., the Help Desk manager suggested that if we receive a request for service that is not in the form of a Help Desk ticket we should open a Help Desk ticket using the same application as the Help Desk personnel uses. One other manager at the meeting also asked "yeah, can you and your people perform this task to help track requests so that we may build metrics for your area?".

I looked around the room at everyone...right in their eyes with my poker face and stated "I think the best question that should be asked is are we currently employed by a company that is paying people to perform that task already?". Immediately the senior manager in the meeting stated..."well, what we can do is have any requests that you receive that are not in the form of a Help Desk ticket automatically forwarded to the Help Desk where they can create a ticket and forward the Help Desk ticket to your group.

Isn't that interesting? They really didn't need me there to solve that problem. The senior manager in the meeting could've stated that without even having the meeting.

Niggers gotta learn how to prevent white people from shoving more and more of their work onto niggers. I just asked a simple question and immediately the senior manager in the meeting solved the problem. If that had not happened I suspect I would've been doing more and more work while a white person working on the Help Desk making less money than me would've been taking more and more vacation.

I suspect if I hadn't been at that meeting I would've been assigned to perform web infrastructure support and open Help Desk tickets.

The best way to deal with that type of situation is to start your own company, you certainly seem to have the skills to do so.
HelixHair

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeeya! Inta muh toolbox.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Th Best Question? Reply with quote

Auditor1 wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:

The best way to deal with that type of situation is to start your own company, you certainly seem to have the skills to do so.

I already own my own company. Owning my own company is not a substitute for using words in such a manner that I'm not harmed.
Josh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to deal with that type of situation is to start your own company, you certainly seem to have the skills to do so.--auditor1

auditor1,

Are you telling me I can "dodge bullets"?

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
The best way to deal with that type of situation is to start your own company, you certainly seem to have the skills to do so.--auditor1

auditor1,

Are you telling me I can "dodge bullets"?

Josh

When you reveal truth and use truth to promote justice and correctness in all places and at all times...

...you won't have to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: