HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Peace, War & Reconciliation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Strategies and Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Peace, War & Reconciliation Reply with quote

Sunday, September 25th the person commonly known as the Dalai Lama (14th Dalai Lama of Tibet), spoke at Rutgers The State University of New Jersey. The topic was "Peace, War & Reconciliation". I was able to attend and record this event and I am currently working on a review for this site, perhaps for Counter Racist Radio.

The lecture was held at Rutgers Stadium, a 35,000 seat football stadium in central New Jersey. The audience consisted of White and Non-white people including the Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso. However, from my observation the audience consisted mainly of White people, which I found immediately suspect.

Now I'm not going to go into the particulars of the speech or crowd reactions, I'll save that for the review. I do want to suggest that Counter Racist Scientist address and speak more about Peace, War & Reconciliation, if possible with other people. There appears to be much confusion about the topic, promoted by the White Supremacists the usual suspects. Much can be learned from discussions about the fore mentioned topic IF the conversation follows COUNTER RACIST LOGIC.

I suspect that this would entail describing in full detail, the LOGICAL steps for producing "Peace" (Justice and Correctness), who is at "WAR" (the White People who believe in and practice White Supremacy (Racism) and Non-white people who are the victims of the White Supremacists), and "Reconciliation" what ever that means.
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Peace, War & Reconciliation Reply with quote

mel wrote:
Sunday, September 25th the person commonly known as the Dalai Lama (14th Dalai Lama of Tibet), spoke at Rutgers The State University of New Jersey. The topic was "Peace, War & Reconciliation". I was able to attend and record this event and I am currently working on a review for this site, perhaps for Counter Racist Radio.

The lecture was held at Rutgers Stadium, a 35,000 seat football stadium in central New Jersey. The audience consisted of White and Non-white people including the Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso. However, from my observation the audience consisted mainly of White people, which I found immediately suspect.

Now I'm not going to go into the particulars of the speech or crowd reactions, I'll save that for the review. I do want to suggest that Counter Racist Scientist address and speak more about Peace, War & Reconciliation, if possible with other people. There appears to be much confusion about the topic, promoted by the White Supremacists the usual suspects. Much can be learned from discussions about the fore mentioned topic IF the conversation follows COUNTER RACIST LOGIC.

I suspect that this would entail describing in full detail, the LOGICAL steps for producing "Peace" (Justice and Correctness), who is at "WAR" (the White People who believe in and practice White Supremacy (Racism) and Non-white people who are the victims of the White Supremacists), and "Reconciliation" what ever that means.

Intresting.

I would ask if they where talking about Replacing White Supremacy with Justice?

winston
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Peace, War & Reconciliation Reply with quote

mel wrote:

What was his definition of "peace"?

What was his definition of "war"?

What was his definition of "reconciliation"?
mel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Peace, War & Reconciliation Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
mel wrote:

Mr. Williams, Tenzin Gyatso's definitions of "peace", "war" and "reconciliation'" were as follows:

"It seems to me that Peace is not just the mere absence of violence, but peace is related to attitude or motivation as compassion. Actually, I think that every action or movement or action motivated by compassion that is essentially peace. Any action which motivated by effectual emotion such as hatred, anger, jealously these actions essential violence. I think a another aspect, Peace means coming into being. When we speak of War, we are talking about destruction and bringing an end to something."

Unfortunately, no definition was given to the term "reconciliation".
It is my opinion that the above definitions do not hold up under deep analysis.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Peace, War & Reconciliation Reply with quote

mel wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
mel wrote:

Mr. Williams, Tenzin Gyatso's definitions of "peace", "war" and "reconciliation'" were as follows:

"It seems to me that Peace is not just the mere absence of violence, but peace is related to attitude or motivation as compassion. Actually, I think that every action or movement or action motivated by compassion that is essentially peace. Any action which motivated by effectual emotion such as hatred, anger, jealously these actions essential violence. I think a another aspect, Peace means coming into being. When we speak of War, we are talking about destruction and bringing an end to something."

Unfortunately, no definition was given to the term "reconciliation".
It is my opinion that the above definitions do not hold up under deep analysis.

You could be correct.

I would simply state that reconciliation is guaranteeing no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person who needs help the most get the most help. I would also state that peace is the result of reconciliation + revelation of truth + correctness. War is simply the result of the absence of peace.

Using counter-racist language I would just replace the word "reconciliation" for the word "justice".

I could be incorrect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Strategies and Techniques All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: