HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Affirmative Action

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Using Words Correctly
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3080
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Affirmative Action Reply with quote

This is one of the things I say in regards to "Affirmative Action" when talking with white people on the subject of "Affirmative Action".

I'm against "Affirmative Action"...let's get rid of it RIGHT NOW! (Then you'll notice the white people shaking their heads in agreement) Now in the process of getting rid of "Affirmative Action" we also have to get rid of racism (white supremacy) because that is what "Affirmative Action" is designed to be in response to.

Once we get rid of racism (white supremacy) and "Affirmative Action", at the same time, we won't ever have to be concerned about black (non-white) people asking for anything. Now if we get rid of "Affirmative Action" and don't get rid of racism (white supremacy) we'll have to replace "Affirmative Action" with something because black (non-white) people are going to ask for help. If we decide to get rid of "Affirmative Action" and not get rid of racism (white supremacy) I suggest we replace "Affirmative Action" with justice...justice meaning guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most gets the most help.

Now if we just decide to get rid of racism (white supremacy) but leave "Affirmative Action" we are going to have to replace racism (white supremacy) with something or we'll be right back in here talking about "Affirmative Action". If we decide to get rid of racism (white supremacy) and not get rid of "Affirmative Action" I suggest we replace racism (white supremacy) with justice...justice meaning guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most gets the most help.

What are we going to do about this mess? Are we going to get rid of "Affirmative Action and replace it with justice or are we going to get rid of racism (white supremacy) and replace it with justice? Then I ask the white people...Is it possible to get rid of "Affirmative Action" and racism (white supremacy) at the same time and replace both of them with justice?

Usually, before I get half way through, white people are already walking away. Once white people hear that justice thing they KNOW they will not be able to practice deceit under a SYSTEM of justice...which means what? They can't FUNCTION as white supremacists (racists).
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MsTreated



Joined: 01 May 2003
Posts: 33
Location: Chicago Vicinity

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we have Affirmative Justice? :lol:
_________________
Utchau Metut: "the weighing of words" - the evaluation of concepts, ideas, beliefs, behavioral shaping factors, and spiritual practices"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3080
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

MsTreated wrote:
Can we have Affirmative Justice? :lol:


What is "Affirmative Justice"?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MsTreated



Joined: 01 May 2003
Posts: 33
Location: Chicago Vicinity

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Affirmative" - bold or confident in asserting optimistic or hopeful; not negative or cynical

Many SAY they want justice but don't really believe it can ever be achieved. Many SAY they want justice, but not if it will cost them anything - like CHANGE. If as many people who SAY they "want" justice approached it affirmatively - we would have justice like YESTERDAY.
_________________
Utchau Metut: "the weighing of words" - the evaluation of concepts, ideas, beliefs, behavioral shaping factors, and spiritual practices"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3080
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

MsTreated wrote:
"Affirmative" - bold or confident in asserting optimistic or hopeful; not negative or cynical

Many SAY they want justice but don't really believe it can ever be achieved. Many SAY they want justice, but not if it will cost them anything - like CHANGE. If as many people who SAY they "want" justice approached it affirmatively - we would have justice like YESTERDAY.

The reason I asked is that I have an idea of what justice is...

Guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and guaranteeing the person that needs help the most gets the most help.

Now if this IS what justice is...why do we need to put "Affirmative" in front of it?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MsTreated



Joined: 01 May 2003
Posts: 33
Location: Chicago Vicinity

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I suspect it needs to be sought in a more affirmative manner by all those who SAY they want it. But especially by me.
_________________
Utchau Metut: "the weighing of words" - the evaluation of concepts, ideas, beliefs, behavioral shaping factors, and spiritual practices"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3080
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

MsTreated wrote:
Because I suspect it needs to be sought in a more affirmative manner by all those who SAY they want it. But especially by me.

Is there such a thing as affirmative affirmations?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
RangerX



Joined: 06 Nov 2003
Posts: 141

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Affirmative Action Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
This is one of the things I say in regards to "Affirmative Action" when talking with white people on the subject of "Affirmative Action".

I'm against "Affirmative Action"...let's get rid of it RIGHT NOW! (Then you'll notice the white people shaking their heads in agreement) Now in the process of getting rid of "Affirmative Action" we also have to get rid of racism (white supremacy) because that is what "Affirmative Action" is designed to be in response to.

Once we get rid of racism (white supremacy) and "Affirmative Action", at the same time, we won't ever have to be concerned about black (non-white) people asking for anything. Now if we get rid of "Affirmative Action" and don't get rid of racism (white supremacy) we'll have to replace "Affirmative Action" with something because black (non-white) people are going to ask for help. If we decide to get rid of "Affirmative Action" and not get rid of racism (white supremacy) I suggest we replace "Affirmative Action" with justice...justice meaning guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most gets the most help.

Now if we just decide to get rid of racism (white supremacy) but leave "Affirmative Action" we are going to have to replace racism (white supremacy) with something or we'll be right back in here talking about "Affirmative Action". If we decide to get rid of racism (white supremacy) and not get rid of "Affirmative Action" I suggest we replace racism (white supremacy) with justice...justice meaning guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most gets the most help.

What are we going to do about this mess? Are we going to get rid of "Affirmative Action and replace it with justice or are we going to get rid of racism (white supremacy) and replace it with justice? Then I ask the white people...Is it possible to get rid of "Affirmative Action" and racism (white supremacy) at the same time and replace both of them with justice?

Usually, before I get half way through, white people are already walking away. Once white people hear that justice thing they KNOW they will not be able to practice deceit under a SYSTEM of justice...which means what? They can't FUNCTION as white supremacists (racists).


I never approached a situation where I am discussing AA with White People as you did here...by making a suggestion, instead of trying to "prove" to White People why AA is needed by Non-White People.

Not gonna work!

"Affirmative Action is Un-Fair to White People"

then it becomes a "war of words", people debating numbers, figures, statistics, as to why AA is needed or not needed, and on top of all that, no one focuses on the root of the problem, the cause = Racism White Supremacy.

Instead I will focus on the cause of Affirmative Action, what caused people to set up an "Affirmative Action" program in the first place ?

Non-White People and/or White People do not need Affirmative Action as long as it is replaced with a System of Justice, or as you suggested, we get rid of Racism (White Supremacy).

-RangerX
RWSWJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mel



Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Posts: 65
Location: Philly

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Edward Williams Wrote:
This is one of the things I say in regards to "Affirmative Action" when talking with white people on the subject of "Affirmative Action".

I'm against "Affirmative Action"...let's get rid of it RIGHT NOW! (Then you'll notice the white people shaking their heads in agreement) Now in the process of getting rid of "Affirmative Action" we also have to get rid of racism (white supremacy) because that is what "Affirmative Action" is designed to be in response to.

Once we get rid of racism (white supremacy) and "Affirmative Action", at the same time, we won't ever have to be concerned about black (non-white) people asking for anything. Now if we get rid of "Affirmative Action" and don't get rid of racism (white supremacy) we'll have to replace "Affirmative Action" with something because black (non-white) people are going to ask for help. If we decide to get rid of "Affirmative Action" and not get rid of racism (white supremacy) I suggest we replace "Affirmative Action" with justice...justice meaning guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most gets the most help.

Now if we just decide to get rid of racism (white supremacy) but leave "Affirmative Action" we are going to have to replace racism (white supremacy) with something or we'll be right back in here talking about "Affirmative Action". If we decide to get rid of racism (white supremacy) and not get rid of "Affirmative Action" I suggest we replace racism (white supremacy) with justice...justice meaning guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most gets the most help.

What are we going to do about this mess? Are we going to get rid of "Affirmative Action and replace it with justice or are we going to get rid of racism (white supremacy) and replace it with justice? Then I ask the white people...Is it possible to get rid of "Affirmative Action" and racism (white supremacy) at the same time and replace both of them with justice?

Usually, before I get half way through, white people are already walking away. Once white people hear that justice thing they KNOW they will not be able to practice deceit under a SYSTEM of justice...which means what? They can't FUNCTION as white supremacists (racists).


This is a very interesting way to discuss the topic with Suspect White people. I would like to preform it and record it to video for documentary/educational purposes. Have you done this yet Mr. Williams?
_________________
RWSWJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 650
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question that could be asked in a conversation about "Affirmative Action" is:

Is AA designed to compensate non-white people for being mistreated on the basis of Color?

If the answer is 'NO':

You can ask what exactly is 'Affirmative Action' is and why there is a such thing as 'Affirmative Action'....

If the answer is 'YES'

Then the conclusion is simple, Replace racsim/white supremacy with Justice and there won't be a need to continue to compensate people for being mistreated on the basis of Color.

If you follow counter-racist logic, all roads should point toward justice as the solution to all of the problems of caused by a system of racism/white supremacy.

I could be incorrect.

Winston
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3080
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

mel wrote:
Quote:
Edward Williams Wrote:
This is one of the things I say in regards to "Affirmative Action" when talking with white people on the subject of "Affirmative Action".

I'm against "Affirmative Action"...let's get rid of it RIGHT NOW! (Then you'll notice the white people shaking their heads in agreement) Now in the process of getting rid of "Affirmative Action" we also have to get rid of racism (white supremacy) because that is what "Affirmative Action" is designed to be in response to.

Once we get rid of racism (white supremacy) and "Affirmative Action", at the same time, we won't ever have to be concerned about black (non-white) people asking for anything. Now if we get rid of "Affirmative Action" and don't get rid of racism (white supremacy) we'll have to replace "Affirmative Action" with something because black (non-white) people are going to ask for help. If we decide to get rid of "Affirmative Action" and not get rid of racism (white supremacy) I suggest we replace "Affirmative Action" with justice...justice meaning guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most gets the most help.

Now if we just decide to get rid of racism (white supremacy) but leave "Affirmative Action" we are going to have to replace racism (white supremacy) with something or we'll be right back in here talking about "Affirmative Action". If we decide to get rid of racism (white supremacy) and not get rid of "Affirmative Action" I suggest we replace racism (white supremacy) with justice...justice meaning guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most gets the most help.

What are we going to do about this mess? Are we going to get rid of "Affirmative Action and replace it with justice or are we going to get rid of racism (white supremacy) and replace it with justice? Then I ask the white people...Is it possible to get rid of "Affirmative Action" and racism (white supremacy) at the same time and replace both of them with justice?

Usually, before I get half way through, white people are already walking away. Once white people hear that justice thing they KNOW they will not be able to practice deceit under a SYSTEM of justice...which means what? They can't FUNCTION as white supremacists (racists).


This is a very interesting way to discuss the topic with Suspect White people. I would like to preform it and record it to video for documentary/educational purposes. Have you done this yet Mr. Williams?

No sir I have not. I have written an experiment that the words you see here came from. I wrote it a while back and have not yet posted it to the WSP. I will however update it and write it to the WSP.

The objective of the experiment is to talk to white people and non-white people at the same time. Tell the non-white people what the white people will say and/or do prior to the conversation. While in the conversation begin following THE LOGIC above to help the people who need help the most follow why "affirmative action" exists and what it will produce based on the evidence and why it should be replaced with something better...justice.

White people who practice racism (white supremacy) are going to understand where you're going long before you get there and will try to subvert the conversation. or not give any constructive answers to the questions being asked.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Using Words Correctly All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations