HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

How do you handle this?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
My suggestion is to produce a first draft where you tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (so help you God, shame the devil, bla bla bla)

Next, cull out those parts you deem "undiplomatic" a word or sentence at a time until you think its diplomatic.

Josh

Good suggestion...not specific but still good. I can't say enough about the importance of doing the work. Sitting down with a pen or pencil and paper and writing down the words and looking at them...refining them...even writing down the entire flow of what you think the conversation will be...figuring out where the conversation is going to go and learning to ask questions so that you control the conversation.
Auditor1

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you handle this? Reply with quote

venom wrote:
I am a black man who works for a Biotech Pharmaceutical company for the last 5 1/2 years. The first three years, I was in the top 10 in sales for the company and went to 2 straight President Club awards/ 3 straight #1 sales awards for my region.
Over the last 2 years our product for HIV has declined tremendously due to newer products and better efficacy. My sales performance has declined but no where near the company average of decline. Recently, my white female manger found out that there is an account that was not in my territory that was filling all of the presciptions from my accounts that was in another white girls territory - who has never made quota in 6 years.
My manager told me that there was nothing she could do to change it but for 2004 they will give me a quota for the account in put it into my territory. So in other words no credit for bringing the account to 150% or quota for 2003 but we will establish a new quota for 2004.
Question: Do I fight this issue with Human Resources which could bring a lot of backlash or do a say screw it and find a new company to work for ?
Oh by the way, I have been passed over 4 times for promotion to inferior white candidates and the justification was given to me "off the record" is that I am a black man who is outspoken but a great sales rep. Your thoughts????

I say the only real solution, if you have the resources, is to be your own boss, start your own company.
If not, just continue to accept quo, that you are still a slave, sing a couple of negro spirituals everyday on the job and maybe hope you get a good massa that will reward you for your hard work and loyalty.
Josh

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auditor wrote:

Quote:
I say the only real solution, if you have the resources, is to be your own boss, start your own company.

Good suggestion Auditor, and I would go further and suggest you staff your company with other people who also understand how racism White supremacy retards and inhibits their ability to do more things and are interested in replacing it with Justice.

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: How do you handle this? Reply with quote

venom wrote:
I am a black man who works for a Biotech Pharmaceutical company for the last 5 1/2 years. The first three years, I was in the top 10 in sales for the company and went to 2 straight President Club awards/ 3 straight #1 sales awards for my region.
Over the last 2 years our product for HIV has declined tremendously due to newer products and better efficacy. My sales performance has declined but no where near the company average of decline. Recently, my white female manger found out that there is an account that was not in my territory that was filling all of the presciptions from my accounts that was in another white girls territory - who has never made quota in 6 years.
My manager told me that there was nothing she could do to change it but for 2004 they will give me a quota for the account in put it into my territory. So in other words no credit for bringing the account to 150% or quota for 2003 but we will establish a new quota for 2004.
Question: Do I fight this issue with Human Resources which could bring a lot of backlash or do a say screw it and find a new company to work for ?
Oh by the way, I have been passed over 4 times for promotion to inferior white candidates and the justification was given to me "off the record" is that I am a black man who is outspoken but a great sales rep. Your thoughts????

I would ask questions such as:

Is it due process to not award an employee for going "above and beyond the call of duty"?

The logic is that anything over 100% is "above and beyond the call of duty".

If they ask what does "due process" mean I always say "Due process means that what is done is in accordance with the 5th and 14th amendments of the United States Constitution. I have been told all of my life that the 5th amendment to the United States Constitution deals with doing things in the correct way and the 14th amendment to the United States Constitution deals with equal protection of the laws".

I have even been asked what does "in the correct way" mean. I always respond by stating that it means "guaranteeing no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person who needs help the most get the most help". Now, no one will touch this by saying they can't do it because that would mean they are not in accordance with the 5th and 14th amendments of the United States Constitution.

After they answered that question I would ask another question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: