HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Statements versus Questions

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mel



Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Posts: 65
Location: Philly

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Statements versus Questions Reply with quote

Observed Phenomenon:

I have observed that many Non-white people with whom I speak with make more statements in an attempt to solve problems, rather than ask questions that may lead to problem solution.

Hypothesis:

I suspect that under the current system of Racism (White Supremacy), Non-white people often imitate the speech and behavior of the most powerful people, White people who practice White Supremacy (Racism). This does not meant that Non-white people practice White Supremacy (Racism), but rather that White people and White people that choose to practice Racism (White Supremacy) often make statements to Non-white people and/or discourage Non-white people from asking questions that attempts to solve problems (conversly White people often encourage Non-white people to make statements in an effort to solve problems), espeacially the MOST IMPORTANT PROBLEM WHITE SUPREMACY. In doing so, White people get smarter and Non-white people get more confused.

Making statements and discouraging Non-white people from asking questions that attempt to solve a problem, is a tactic that the Racist (White Supremacist) uses to retard the development of Non-white people and/or control information. Doing so controls analysis and constructive information. Imitating this behavior/speech also leads to greater conflict amongst the Victims of Racism as simply copying information that we "learn" from White people and repeating it amongst Non-white people is one way in which Non-white people practice showing off, and leads to confusion among Non-white people. Thus, when attempting to imitate this behavior/speech, Non-white people help the Racist (White Supremacist) to strengthen the SYSTEM of White Supremacy.
Conversely, when Non-white people start asking more specific questions that attempt to solve specific problem(s) espeacially the MOST IMPORTANT PROBLEM WHITE SUPREACY, Non-white people will become less confused and get smarter.

Experiment:

One full day of monitoring the amount of statements and questions that you make/ask white people. (If you which you can monitor one conversation that you have with a white person.)
All conversations should be about solving a problem, or getting something accomplished.
In this experiment, try to ask more questions that attempt to solve problems than make statements when in conversation with White people. (It is a good idea to practice this with Non-white people also however, the focus of this experiment is conversations with White people.)
Try to be the one who asks the MOST questions that attempt to solve problems, espeacially the BIGGEST PROBLEM WHITE SUPREMACY.
When attempting to ask questions that attempt to solve problems try to use precise language. That is, ask questions that help you to understand the specifics of how to solve a problem or get things done.

Record Data

Record the conversation with what ever means you have available, i.e. audio recorder, video recorder, internet or email, written correspondance.
Record the exact questions and statements that ou make/ask a white person during a conversation about solving a problem.
Record whether the information obtained helped to solve a problem.
Record your statement to question ratio, i.e. 3 Questions/15 Statements, etc.

Materials Needed

Recording device: pen, pencil, paper, computer, audio recorder, your brain/internal memeory, etc.

Expected Results:

-While having conversations with White people, Non-white people that ask more questions that attempt to solve problems, and make fewer statements that attempt to solve problems will experience the following behaviors/situations:

1. The White person(s) that are being asked questions will use lots of words to expain what could be explained with fewer words.
2. The White person(s) being asked questions will not answer the questions.
3. The White person(s) being asked questions will become noticiably uncomfortable and aggitated.
4. The White person(s) being asked questions will counter the questions by attacking the Non-white person asking the questions. Such attacks attempt to shift the focus of the conversation back onto the Non-white person(s).
5. The White person(s) being asked questions will provide information that, due to exsisting under the curresnt System of White Supremacy (Racism), the Non-White person may not be able to use. This is because Non-white people are subjected and mistreated in ALL areas including: Economics, Education, Entertainment, Labor, Law, Politics, Religion, Sex, and War. Therefore, Non-white people may not be able to do the same things with the information that a White person could do with the same information.
6. The Non-white person(s) asking the questions may find it difficult to stay focused on obtaining specific and precise information that will help to solve problems, because of the extra language that the White person being asked the questions may use.
7. The White person(s) being asked questions may attempt to mislead the Non-white person(s) asking the questions by making true statements, and/or by attempting to answer a question with a question - trying to get the Non-white person to make more statements.
_________________
RWSWJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting experiment. I have learned that when I minimize the number of assumptions I make I have to ask questions. One example is not making the assumption if a person is a white person or not. Now many non-white people make assumptions about who is white on a daily basis...I used to do it all the time. Can you imagine what the impact to the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) would be if all non-white people immediately asked someone if they were a white person? Since I don't assume which person is white any longer, now, if I want to know if a person is white I have to ask them the question "Are you a white person?".

I've also noticed that when I maximize the number of questions I ask I make fewer statements. Who knew...that if you minimize the number of assumptions you make you will minimize the number of statements you make.

The racists (white supremacists) perform some of their work by deceiving the people they say are not white (non-white) to the point of total confusion...especially of which person is white. To work against the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) the people classified as and forced to function as "non-white" can't make assumptions about which person is white...'cause they don't really know...the non-white people have to ask. Subsequently the non-white people will make fewer statements in this regard.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mel



Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Posts: 65
Location: Philly

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Quote:
I have learned that when I minimize the number of assumptions I make I have to ask questions. One example is not making the assumption if a person is a white person or not. Now many non-white people make assumptions about who is white on a daily basis...I used to do it all the time. Can you imagine what the impact to the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) would be if all non-white people immediately asked someone if they were a white person? Since I don't assume which person is white any longer, now, if I want to know if a person is white I have to ask them the question "Are you a white person?".


This is a very interesting finding and should be incorporated into this experiment. I recently spoke to a Non-white person about asking the critical question, "Are you a White person?", and I found it interesting when she told me that she had GREAT difficulty in asking that question to people that she may suspects function as White people. She stated that she was afraid. I had to think about the psychological impact that asking that question, "Are you a White person?", has on White people and Non-white people. I asked this Non-white female why she had such difficulty with it and/or why she was afraid to ask the question and she stated that she could not explain it. However, simply asking that question should clarify things for Victims Of Racism. In my opinion, if a person classifies themselves as a White person, and other White people concur, then that person will may mistreat a Non-white person.
_________________
RWSWJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

mel wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Quote:
I have learned that when I minimize the number of assumptions I make I have to ask questions. One example is not making the assumption if a person is a white person or not. Now many non-white people make assumptions about who is white on a daily basis...I used to do it all the time. Can you imagine what the impact to the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) would be if all non-white people immediately asked someone if they were a white person? Since I don't assume which person is white any longer, now, if I want to know if a person is white I have to ask them the question "Are you a white person?".


This is a very interesting finding and should be incorporated into this experiment. I recently spoke to a Non-white person about asking the critical question, "Are you a White person?", and I found it interesting when she told me that she had GREAT difficulty in asking that question to people that she may suspects function as White people. She stated that she was afraid. I had to think about the psychological impact that asking that question, "Are you a White person?", has on White people and Non-white people. I asked this Non-white female why she had such difficulty with it and/or why she was afraid to ask the question and she stated that she could not explain it. However, simply asking that question should clarify things for Victims Of Racism. In my opinion, if a person classifies themselves as a White person, and other White people concur, then that person will may mistreat a Non-white person.

Is either one of her "parents" a white person?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mel



Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Posts: 65
Location: Philly

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:


Is either one of her "parents" a white person?


No. Both of her parents are Non-white people.
_________________
RWSWJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is either one of her "parents" a white person?


Good point EW.

It has been my experience that most non white people consider the "critical question" to be:

1. "divisive

2. "inflammatory

3. "hateful"


(in that order)


The questions utility only becomes apparent as a VOR understands the mechanics of the system of racism White supremacy: what White supremacists must SAY and/or DO to

maintain

expand

and refine the system of racism White supremacy.


Thats how I came to value it.



I think the key is to highlight behavior and function over morphology/appearance.

Josh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

mel wrote:
Quote:


Is either one of her "parents" a white person?


No. Both of her parents are Non-white people.

Why is she afraid?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations