HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

The Isis Papers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
copious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:25 am    Post subject: The Isis Papers Reply with quote

Once again I'm in "Following THE LOGIC". I'll be setting up a small tent soon (cause I think it's gonna "Be awhile"); stay tooned.

Back to buisness.

I was reading through http://www.counter-racism.com/analysis/bookreviews Josh's articles on the front of the site and I remembered that I said I would read some of Dr. Frances Cress Welsing's books this summer.

So tring to avoid a trip to the book store and better manage my time I thought I might get it on line via Amazon.com. What I found was quiet interesting but never the less interesting.

Ussually under a popular book there are "REVIEWS" of the book that any reader can write so that future "would-be" purchaser can "REVIEW" what other people thought of the book before they purchase. Each reviewer is also given 5 "STARS" whereby they can effect the books ranking at Amazon. Books that are ranked LOW are at the back of searches where people don;t ussually search and may disuade a purchaser from obtaining a copy of the book. Last beside each review there is a NUMBER for the number of people who find the review "HELPFUL".

With that being said check out what has been written at Amazon in regards to Dr. Frances Cress Welsing's book
The Isis Papers http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0883781042/ref=cm_rev_sort/103-6843099-6547836?show=%2Brating&v=glance&vi=customer-reviews&s=books&Go.x=12&Go.y=13

Some of the more COLOURFUL excerts:

Quote:
"If you think this book is outlandish and poorly written then check out "Hating Whitey: and other progressive causes" by David Horowitz, author of Radical Son. Politics and politicians whether black white or somewhere in between have made use of any all of the arguments, statistics (all or some) to get what THEY want, not the people. I also wish that when people decide to write a review they edit mistakes, use grammar and punctuation and when using words they use them correctly. I.E. People make an IMPACT, nothing impacts...By the by, women as a group have been put down far longer than any color group on this planet. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!"

"one thing I've wanted to know is why do Afrocentric people follow the belief that one drop of sub-sahran blood makes a person black only when the group has done something (alegedly) "positive"? If the Moors of Spain were negroids as the author of this book claims, and that they are responsible for making the Spainards of Southern Spain darker, then, by the authors logic, the Spanish who comited those terrible autrocitys in South America were actually BLACK men, and the Indians of South America should hold BLACKS accountable, and no one else. This, among other things, helps make the authors views extremely laughable."

"Bigotry at its worst. Avoid"

"Dr. Welsing's obvious pseudoscientific discourse based on her misguided racist perception does more harm to the psyche of those she claims to want to help, than it does good. I would reccommend other authors with more integrity from the African Diaspora such as Henry Louis Gates Jr.. Kwame Anthony Appiah, Cornel West, Derrick Bell, among others. Welsing is on the par with Leonard Jffries in her biased pseudoscientific racism that doesn not benefit anyone except those that wish to cultivate perpetual anger and vicious circles of hate in their hearts instead of exploring avenues to solve the current heinous realityof mutual hatred and distrust that has infected many groups in this country."

This reminded me that the Suspect Racist Man and Suspect Racist Woman have certainly devoted a religious amount of time delving into counter racist code. Now having not read this book I'm not certain if it is a 5 star book. I'll get back to you on that - I would like to say - it should arrive by tuesday.

Have any of you read this book? Would anyone like to do a review for counter-racism.com?

Later,
cope
copious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also purchased this book as well.. Chekc out the excerpt.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/086543171X/ref=lib_rd_ss_TT01/103-6843099-6547836?v=glance&s=books&vi=reader&img=4#reader-link

Has anyone ever read this book? What did you think?

Later,
cope
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

copious,

You should do a counter-racist book review on the Isis Papers.

Yes, I've read the Mis-Education of the Negro. very interesting book in terms of the concepts used to analyze data.

You should also do a counter-racist book review on the Mis-Education of the Negro.

Let me know when they are ready to post.
Josh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copious, as I read the Amazon.com ad of the Isis papers it appeared that all of the reviews were hostile and negetive. So I thought to myself, "if this book is so bad, why are people reading it?

I strongly suspect that these reviews were done by White people. See White people are on the job. They monitor all information about racism White supremacy and then get out there and try to "cut niggas off at the pass" to make sure we don't find out how it works. I only read the first page but Im going to look at a few more.

Josh

PS--good work researching!
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: HOW is... Reply with quote

HOW is pointing to a website following THE LOGIC? I don't follow.
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right.

Copious, you need to flesh out your post with some annalysis to describe the phenomenon you are seeing.

What I find interesting is that so many White people have read the Isis papers.

But then again,

White people read a lot, ESPECIALLY the things niggers may be reading!

Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: