HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

sorry to make so many new topics, but I need to vent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cidiera

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: sorry to make so many new topics, but I need to vent Reply with quote

this whole board is depressing me. It's so easy to be a white person who doesn't want to face the facts that racism exists, or who doesn't actively think about it everyday. When you face it, it hurts to see the state our nation is in.

I know the non-whites may be reading this and think, honey I wish I didn't have to think about it myself what the hell are you doing complaining to me when I face it every day?

To that I must say....I know. I'm weak. Racism has created a strength in you that I will never possess. I'm spoiled and priviledged, and I have no idea why I am even saying this because it's unfair to complain to non-whites about my priviledged woes. Fuck me, man, I don't want them anymore.

I just wish there wasn't an "us" and "them" mentality. Why can't there be a "we"? Why can't a person excel in what they do not because they have been given a white boost, but because they have proven themselves worthy? This country is fucked up.

I guess I'm complaining about this to you guys instead of my friends is because most of my friends have the mentality of JohnnySmash, and I would not be able to vent, I would have to yet again debate whether or not racism even exists.

Maybe I need new friends.

I understand the whole counter-racism thing is supposed to be business like and lack emotion, so I apologize for giving you emotion. My spirit is a little low, though, , and I'm sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: