HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Ability To Respond From A Position Of POWER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Ability To Respond From A Position Of POWER Reply with quote

Suggestion:
Make sure if a person (manager) gives you a task to perform that involves any coordination of people and/or the tasks of people, the person that gave you the task should inform everyone involved that you have the responsibility (ability to respond from a position of POWER) for performing that task and how that responsibility (ability to respond from a position of POWER) affects everyone involved.

Reason/Explanation:
This is one of the ways white people get non-white people fighting against each other on the job. A white person will give a non-white person the ability to respond to a task from a position of POWER over other non-white people without letting the other non-white people know this POWER has been delegated.

This results in conflict between the non-white people when they come in contact with each other by one non-white person not knowing that another non-white person has the responsibility delegated to them by the white person. This also results in one or more of the non-white people going to the white person to ask them to solve the problem.

In the past, when assigned a specific task by a white person that involves my interaction and/or management of non-white people I state the following:

"I am glad I have been given this assignment. According to "due process" I will begin this task the moment it is announced to everyone involved that I am responsible for performing it and explained in detail to everyone how this task I'm being assigned affects them."

Unfortunately, many times for non-white people, white people will give you a task without monetary compensation until they are satisfied you can perform the task...and sometimes not even then will they compensate you monetarily. I attempt to compensate for this on my Performance Review which has worked for me in the past.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: