HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Larry Bird says: "NBA 'a black man's game'"

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 651
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Larry Bird says: "NBA 'a black man's game'" Reply with quote

A very intresting read from ESPN.com, I suggest non white people should read it. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1818396

Bird said:

Quote:
"You know, when I played, you had me and Kevin [McHale] and some others throughout the league. I think it's good for a fan base because, as we all know, the majority of the fans are white America. And if you just had a couple of white guys in there, you might get them a little excited. But it is a black man's game, and it will be forever. I mean, the greatest athletes in the world are African-American."


Quote:
"The one thing that always bothered me when I played in the NBA was I really got irritated when they put a white guy on me," Bird said. "I still don't understand why. A white guy would come out (and) I would always ask him: 'What, do you have a problem with your coach? Did your coach do this to you?' And he'd go, 'No,' and I'd say, 'Come on, you got a white guy coming out here to guard me; you got no chance.' ... For some reason, that always bothered me when I was playing against a white guy.


Quote:
"As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me -- red, yellow, black," Bird added. "I just didn't want a white guy guarding me. Because it's disrespect to my game."


Whew!! Dr. Welsing would have a field day with this!!

All emotions aside, what is Bird really saying?

If the NBA is a "black man's game", why is a white person in charge of it?

*get that weak shit outta here*

The NBA isn't a black man's game, it's a White Man's game, like every game on this planet.

white people determine what "games" are.

Follow the Logic, don't get caught up in the thick of thin shit.

smallz
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 651
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: More white viewers? Reply with quote

Oh and another interesting thing,

What tha hell does bird mean, by saying

"if we had more white superstars we'd get more of them (white people) intrested"....

Now, based off what white people have shown me and told me, the vast majority of nba season ticket holders are WHITE PEOPLE.

Not to mention, I was told that the series between the Indiana Pacers and the Detroit pistons had a 2.5 rating and the Sopranos on got a 2.1.....

better yet..,

"Game 1 of the Finals between the Lakers and Pistons was the highest-rated show in prime time that night - an 87-75 snoozer in which L.A. lolly-gagged all night but still beat out the Sopranos' finale and was ABC's best showing in the 18-49 demographic in months."

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/basketball/kings/story/9588898p-10512479c.html

That's white people!

So the logic tells me that their are way more white people intrested in watching black males run and jump than their are white people who want to what the so-called "best show on tv" or even the Stanley cup finals.

Hockey's ratings where so low, their might not even be an NHL season again for two years, I've been told.

(That's a white man's game too by the way....)

Conversely, NBA salaries are at a all time high, ratings at an all time high, this "cash" gotta be comin' from somewhere.....

I don't get birds logic.

If he's indicating that not enough white people are intrested in watching so many black people in the NBA, where's all this damn money comin from?

I can barely afford the NBA Leauge Pass on tv.

White people don't hate Black people becaue they are black, White people hate black people because they themselves are not Black.

I suspect thats is a part of why so many white people watch the NBA.

smallz
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
amethyst



Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Posts: 35

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: More white viewers? Reply with quote

smallz wrote:

White people don't hate Black people becaue they are black, White people hate black people because they themselves are not Black.
smallz


Not to disregard the rest of your post, but Smallz can you please explain what is meant by this. I notice that this same statement is in the code book but I still can't break it down completely.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3081
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Larry Bird says: "NBA 'a black man's game'" Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
Quote:
"As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me -- red, yellow, black," Bird added. "I just didn't want a white guy guarding me. Because it's disrespect to my game."


smallz

I think that last statement says it all. That is what it all boils down to...no hot war because of it...hot meaning large numbers of white people killing large numbers of white people...gotta have a cold war between white people...

...when white people argue, fight, and/or kill each other...or "play" against each other on a basketball team...the primary objective is racism (white supremacy)...

...nothing short of that will do. That shows focus. What will happen if non-white people had the same focus? I don't know. What non-white people should be focused on is producing a thing called justice.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smallz, I found this statement by Bird interesting too:

[quote]"if we had more white superstars we'd get more of them (white people) intrested".... [/quote]


Let me "scrub" that sentence:


1. If we had more White superstars we would have more White superstars!

2. WE NEED MORE WHITE SUPERSTARS!


Smallz correctly pointed out that L Bird stated "most of the fans are White", so why does Bird then go on to point out the need to "get more of them"?


ergo my translation of Larry Birds statement.

Josh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
amethyst



Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Posts: 35

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: More white viewers? Reply with quote

amethyst wrote:
smallz wrote:

White people don't hate Black people becaue they are black, White people hate black people because they themselves are not Black.
smallz


Not to disregard the rest of your post, but Smallz can you please explain what is meant by this. I notice that this same statement is in the code book but I still can't break it down completely.



Since I'm not sure when and if Smallz will answer the question I posed to him, can someone who is familiar with this quote from the code book please expound on what this means? Is Mr. Fuller speaking in terms of the number of Black(non white)people compared to the number of white people on the planet, meaning that White people hate Black people(non white) because Black people(non white) people have a higher population than white people. Or is Mr. Fuller speaking in terms of color, meaning that White people hate Black people(non white) because of the amount of color that Black people possess collectively? Or is it both, or could be something totally different from what I've stated entirely?

I'll post the entire quote from the code book:

"Many 'white' people 'hate' 'black' people. Those 'white' people who 'hate' 'black' people do not 'hate' 'black' people because 'black' people are 'black'. They 'hate' 'black' people because 'white' people are not 'black'." p.334
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 651
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: More white viewers? Reply with quote

amethyst wrote:
amethyst wrote:
smallz wrote:

White people don't hate Black people becaue they are black, White people hate black people because they themselves are not Black.
smallz


Not to disregard the rest of your post, but Smallz can you please explain what is meant by this. I notice that this same statement is in the code book but I still can't break it down completely.



Since I'm not sure when and if Smallz will answer the question I posed to him, can someone who is familiar with this quote from the code book please expound on what this means? Is Mr. Fuller speaking in terms of the number of Black(non white)people compared to the number of white people on the planet, meaning that White people hate Black people(non white) because Black people(non white) people have a higher population than white people. Or is Mr. Fuller speaking in terms of color, meaning that White people hate Black people(non white) because of the amount of color that Black people possess collectively? Or is it both, or could be something totally different from what I've stated entirely?

I'll post the entire quote from the code book:

"Many 'white' people 'hate' 'black' people. Those 'white' people who 'hate' 'black' people do not 'hate' 'black' people because 'black' people are 'black'. They 'hate' 'black' people because 'white' people are not 'black'." p.334


No new concept here amethyst...

It reminds me of a phenomena I saw occur more often than not, on the playground at school. Whereas It seemed like most of the "Dark Skinned" black females I went to school with wasted NO time picking on the "light skinned" wavey-haired black females for no other reason than the fact that their skin was lighter and their hair wasn't as "nappy" or "kinky".

I don't think those Dark-skinned black females decided to gang up an un-suspecting "red-bone" (lighter skinned black female) because they felt that "light skin" and "straight-hair" was a threat or ugly. I suspect the reason this type of thing happens is because the "aggressors" in this example themselves feel inadequate as a result of being trained directly and indicrectly to think that they are inadequate or less than lighter skinned victims. (added 10/25/04)

Also its good to keep in mind that under the system of Racism/White Supremacy, COLOR, in terms of people, is the fuel that makes the system work. The system is COLOR dependent. Aint no system of Racsim/White supremacy withough people of COLOR.

To a White Supremacist, COLOR is the "secret-sauce."

To a Victim, COLOR is your burden.

This is how the system weighs on the people who are in it.

Which is why I say White people don't hate Black people becaue they are black, White people hate black people because they themselves are not Black.

smallz
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.


Last edited by Dan Freeman on Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smallz wrote:



Quote:
It reminds me of a phenomena I saw occur more often than not, on the playground at school. Whereas It seemed like most of the "Dark Skinned" black females I went to school with wasted NO time picking on the "light skinned" wavey-haired black females for no other reason than the fact that their skin was lighter and their hair wasn't as "nappy" or "kinky".



You got it brother!

For many years I have tried to explain this peice of code to people:



Quote:
"Many 'white' people 'hate' 'black' people. Those 'white' people who 'hate' 'black' people do not 'hate' 'black' people because 'black' people are 'black'. They 'hate' 'black' people because 'white' people are not 'black'." p.334



But my explanation often required a person have a certain minimum level of familiarity with the UICCSC.


You sir have solved my problem.

You took a common phenomenon in the system of racism White supremacy and employed it as a filter that allowed me to see the logic from whence the peice of counter racist code was born.

Question: "Why do my eyes hurt?"


Answer: "Because you never USED them"


I have suffered yet another revelation.

Thanx smallz.

Josh

(runs to get visine)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RangerX



Joined: 06 Nov 2003
Posts: 141

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the reason this type of thing happens is because the "aggressors" in this example themselves feel inadequate. -smallz

Smallz,

So do you suspect that those People who classify themsleves and each other as White, feel inadequate to Non-White People, therefore mistreat them ("Hate" them) ?

-RangerX
RWSWJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 651
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

RangerX wrote:
I suspect the reason this type of thing happens is because the "aggressors" in this example themselves feel inadequate. -smallz

Smallz,

So do you suspect that those People who classify themsleves and each other as White, feel inadequate to Non-White People, therefore mistreat them ("Hate" them) ?

-RangerX
RWSWJ


I don't know for certain.

But I DO know that racism/white supremacy is the mistreatment of people, based on COLOR.

smallz
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
amethyst



Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Posts: 35

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: More white viewers? Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
amethyst wrote:
amethyst wrote:
smallz wrote:

White people don't hate Black people becaue they are black, White people hate black people because they themselves are not Black.
smallz


Not to disregard the rest of your post, but Smallz can you please explain what is meant by this. I notice that this same statement is in the code book but I still can't break it down completely.



Since I'm not sure when and if Smallz will answer the question I posed to him, can someone who is familiar with this quote from the code book please expound on what this means? Is Mr. Fuller speaking in terms of the number of Black(non white)people compared to the number of white people on the planet, meaning that White people hate Black people(non white) because Black people(non white) people have a higher population than white people. Or is Mr. Fuller speaking in terms of color, meaning that White people hate Black people(non white) because of the amount of color that Black people possess collectively? Or is it both, or could be something totally different from what I've stated entirely?

I'll post the entire quote from the code book:

"Many 'white' people 'hate' 'black' people. Those 'white' people who 'hate' 'black' people do not 'hate' 'black' people because 'black' people are 'black'. They 'hate' 'black' people because 'white' people are not 'black'." p.334


No new concept here amethyst...

It reminds me of a phenomena I saw occur more often than not, on the playground at school. Whereas It seemed like most of the "Dark Skinned" black females I went to school with wasted NO time picking on the "light skinned" wavey-haired black females for no other reason than the fact that their skin was lighter and their hair wasn't as "nappy" or "kinky".

I don't think those Dark-skinned black females decided to gang up an un-suspecting "red-bone" (lighter skinned black female) because they felt that "light skin" and "straight-hair" was a threat or ugly. I suspect the reason this type of thing happens is because the "aggressors" in this example themselves feel inadequate.

Also its good to keep in mind that under the system of Racism/White Supremacy, COLOR, in terms of people, is the fuel that makes the system work. The system is COLOR dependent. Aint no system of Racsim/White supremacy withough people of COLOR.

To a White Supremacist, COLOR is the "secret-sauce."

To a Victim, COLOR is your burden.

This is how the system weighs on the people who are in it.

Which is why I say White people don't hate Black people becaue they are black, White people hate black people because they themselves are not Black.

smallz



Smallz, thank you for the reply, also great example. The part that really hit it on the head for me was when you spoke about the aggressors possibly feeling inadequate. Placed in that perspective it gives greater insight as to one of the possible reasons why white people mistreat non white people on the basis of color. Staying with the inadequacy theory, I guess a question could be What do white people feel inadequate when it comes to non white people? Also why do they feel inadequate about whatever they feel inadequate about when it comes to non white people? Have any of the counter racist scientist on this site posed this question to white people and if so what answer(s) did you get?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3081
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the objective of counter-racist codification is to produce a thing called justice. Does the logical mechanics to produce justice involve knowing if white people feel inadequate?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
amethyst



Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Posts: 35

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
I suspect the objective of counter-racist codification is to produce a thing called justice. Does the logical mechanics to produce justice involve knowing if white people feel inadequate?



Ok..I'm gonna try to see if I can follow the logic. V_GOD to answer the question I thought about this: If a person is been physically violent towards u do u need to know why that person is being physically violent towards u in order for u to prevent(stop) that person from being physically violent towards u? The answer that I came up with is no. However, it seems correct to know why that person feels the need to be aggressive towards you in order to foresee and take steps to prevent any further aggression. This correlates to system of racism(white supremacy) because non white people are mistreated by white people on the basis of color, now this mistreatment 'could' be because of a feeling of inadequacy by the aggressor..

The white people who mistreat non white people have a reason(s) why they mistreat non white people on the basis of color. Its correct to 'try' to find out why white people mistreat non white people on the basis of color at the same time that non white people try to produce justice. Now that I look at you question again, it really takes some mental thought at least for me. What I stated above is what I came up with so far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 651
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

amethyst wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
I suspect the objective of counter-racist codification is to produce a thing called justice. Does the logical mechanics to produce justice involve knowing if white people feel inadequate?



Ok..I'm gonna try to see if I can follow the logic. V_GOD to answer the question I thought about this: If a person is been physically violent towards u do u need to know why that person is being physically violent towards u in order for u to prevent(stop) that person from being physically violent towards u? The answer that I came up with is no. However, it seems correct to know why that person feels the need to be aggressive towards you in order to foresee and take steps to prevent any further aggression. This correlates to system of racism(white supremacy) because non white people are mistreated by white people on the basis of color, now this mistreatment 'could' be because of a feeling of inadequacy by the aggressor..

The white people who mistreat non white people have a reason(s) why they mistreat non white people on the basis of color. Its correct to 'try' to find out why white people mistreat non white people on the basis of color at the same time that non white people try to produce justice. Now that I look at you question again, it really takes some mental thought at least for me. What I stated above is what I came up with so far.


If you wanna get into "why" Racism/white supremacy exists, I'll give you the best answer I've come up with, which is:

The reason for racsim/white supremacy IS, racsim/white supremacy.

Now, that's as far as I go in terms of trying to understand "why" racsim occurs.

However, "HOW" racsim works in the 9-areas captures more of my intrest in-terms of countering racsim.

smallz
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3081
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

amethyst wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
I suspect the objective of counter-racist codification is to produce a thing called justice. Does the logical mechanics to produce justice involve knowing if white people feel inadequate?



Ok..I'm gonna try to see if I can follow the logic. V_GOD to answer the question I thought about this: If a person is been physically violent towards u do u need to know why that person is being physically violent towards u in order for u to prevent(stop) that person from being physically violent towards u? The answer that I came up with is no. However, it seems correct to know why that person feels the need to be aggressive towards you in order to foresee and take steps to prevent any further aggression. This correlates to system of racism(white supremacy) because non white people are mistreated by white people on the basis of color, now this mistreatment 'could' be because of a feeling of inadequacy by the aggressor..

The white people who mistreat non white people have a reason(s) why they mistreat non white people on the basis of color. Its correct to 'try' to find out why white people mistreat non white people on the basis of color at the same time that non white people try to produce justice. Now that I look at you question again, it really takes some mental thought at least for me. What I stated above is what I came up with so far.

I suspect it is very important to ask the question "why". In my automobile I do not know why the engine works the way it does but I do understand some of the logical mechanics for caring for it and being able to get the most mileage out of it that I can.

You may need to know why a person is physically violent towards you if you intend on staying around that person. You may only need to know how to get away from that person...as far away as possible. In the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) non-white people cannot get away from under the POWER of the white people that practice white supremacy even if we went to Pluto...so that's out of the question.

I don't think there is anything incorrect about what you have stated but what I do think is that a lot of non-white people focus on this part...

"replace white supremacy (racism)"

...instead of focusing on this part...

"with justice".

It is the production of justice that eliminates racism (white supremacy) and we will have to establish justice by following a logical process. I suspect this happens because when the latter "white justice" is focused on it boils down to what the individual person will do to counter racism (white supremacy)...without having to wait on anyone else to do anything.

The first thing I would think a non-white person under the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism), or a person being mistreated by any person, would want to figure out is how to get that person to stop mistreating them...then figure out why they are doing it. Whenever a child is seen doing something by an adult that the child should not be doing that child is asked to stop doing, presumably, then the child may be asked why they are doing it. That's THE LOGIC.

Figure out how to get the mistreatment to stop and make it stop...then figure out any compensation needed.

I could be incorrect.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations