HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

conversing w/ white people about racism-white supremacy..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amethyst

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: conversing w/ white people about racism-white supremacy.. Reply with quote

Greetings,

I notice that the few times that I have attempted at engaging in conversations about racism-white supremacy with white people its not long before the conversation turns to "black supremacy". Although, I attempt to explain that there is no such thing as "black supremacy", that "black supremacy" and "white supremacy" does not and cannot mutually exist with each other, the white people still harp on the issue of this supposed ""black supremacy".

I suspect its one of the many techniques that are employed by white people to further confuse non white people and shut them up. Can anyone offer any suggestions on what I can say when the conversation turns to the great and might "black supremacy"? How should I structure the conversation(and all conversations with all people for that matter) in order to make the time and energy used conversing beneficial? I just want to also add that when I speak to black people(non white people) sadly I sometimes get the "well what about black supremacy" statement also.
Karim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: my Reply with quote

amethyst wrote:
Greetings,

I notice that the few times that I have attempted at engaging in conversations about racism-white supremacy with white people its not long before the conversation turns to "black supremacy". Although, I attempt to explain that there is no such thing as "black supremacy", that "black supremacy" and "white supremacy" does not and cannot mutually exist with each other, the white people still harp on the issue of this supposed ""black supremacy".

I suspect its one of the many techniques that are employed by white people to further confuse non white people and shut them up. Can anyone offer any suggestions on what I can say when the conversation turns to the great and might "black supremacy"? How should I structure the conversation(and all conversations with all people for that matter) in order to make the time and energy used conversing beneficial? I just want to also add that when I speak to black people(non white people) sadly I sometimes get the "well what about black supremacy" statement also.
Ask to the white and nonwhite person using the word,

"WHAT

IS

BLACK

SUPREMACY?"

And let them shoot...

Usually when I come across a conversation such as that in which you have pointed out, it's some story about how black people, WANT to do this, OR TRYING to do that... etc.

but what I look for is ARE BLACK PEOPLE ACTUALLY DOING IT.

and this kills them all the time,

DO BLACK PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER TO DO IT?
Josh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amethyst,

I would ask them to provide an example of "Black Supremacy".

Also, try to think of supremacy in terms of the power dynamic. Page 27 of the code book has the best language to use (four (4) basic types of power among people of the known universe)

1. All Power

2. Superior Power

3. Inferior power

4. Immediate Power

The use of counter racist language will prevent you from "getting in front of your message" because the words will do all the work for you.

People will be forced to deal with the logic instead of focusing on you.

Josh
amethyst

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karim and Josh, thanks for the suggestions.
Josh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amethyst,

The White people you were talking to may have been referring to "immedeate power" (#4)

Immedeate power: The power that a person has, as an individual, that enables him or her to act immedeately and effectively without the consent of other persons.

This is a power that most people regardless of racial classification have.

If you saw the "Nick Berg" video you saw what appeared to be a bunch of niggers cut Nick Berg's head off.

But

But,

The so called "niggers" hid their faces behind fabrics; you can't even be sure they are niggers...they could be White people PRETENDING to be niggers.

But the question is:

WHO THA FUCK ARE THEY HIDING FROM?

When it comes to understanding power, don't be fooled by no "nigger boogieman video"

True power means you get on TV ( without a mask) and tell a nigger he's got 72 hours to get out of Iraq or you will come move him out.

And then you go do it!

"Black supremacy"

"gay supremacy"

"thimble supremacy"

(((shakin my head)))

When it comes to saying and doing; White people who practice racism White supremacy are in a class by themselves (White supremacists)

Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: