HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Letters of Recommendation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Letters of Recommendation Reply with quote

I have found it helpful on several occasions, when looking to be promoted on the job, to gather letters of recommendation from other people on the job and vendors the company I work for interact with. This especially helps when being promoted to managerial positions.

It is "common practice" that letters of recommendation reveal a character trait of the individual that is complimentary, either in personability or in the ability to get the job done or both.

In the past I have let people I work with know, preferably managers because their letters carry more weight in the company, that I am looking to advance to a position (whichever position) and am requesting a letter of recommendation from them to aid in that advancement. I would also provide them with times and places where I helped their department in the past if necessary.

Here is how I did it:

(1) Let people I work with know I am looking to advance to a position (whichever position) and am requesting a letter of recommendation from them to aid in that advancement. This includes employees and/or vendors that do business with the company I am employed with.
(2) Ask that the letter of recommendation be e-mailed directly to me. This way I can choose to use it or not and I have an electronic copy of the letter that is traceable to the source. I can print it if need be.
(3) Let the person know I would repay the favor whenever necessary. Sometimes this helps to get the person to write a better letter of recommendation than they would normally.

This strategy needs to be refined and I am open to any suggestions that will result in a constructive outcome for the person requesting a letter of recommendation. Letters of recommendation also help with Performance Reviews. I have gotten some pretty hefty raises in the past using this strategy in Performance Appraisals.

Since Racism (White Supremacy) exists and because it exists non-white people with the same titles as white people, doing the same work as white people, don't make the same amount of money as white people, this is a strategy to help maximize the amount of money non-white people could make...but it ain't never gonna be the same as white people under the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism).

Since non-white people ain't ever gonna be worth the same as white people in the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism), while you're using the strategy above and refining it to maximize the amount on money you could make as a non-white person in this unjust SYSTEM, I also suggest you work on replacing the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) with a SYSTEM of justice simultaneously.
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VGOD wrote:

Quote:
(3) Let the person know I would repay the favor whenever necessary. Sometimes this helps to get the person to write a better letter of recommendation than they would normally.

Im glad you included this suggestion because its a good way to maintain multiple sources of YOUR work record too because in your letter of recommendation for another person you can include any training you gave the person which qualifies them for this or that position.

Helping other people qualify to do more things at a company is a valuable service as it increases the value of the company and should be documented as many ways as is possible.

The reason I bring this up is because I once worked for a company that had a high turnover rate and my crew always got the "new guy" . No one wanted to deal with the new guy because it slowed down the entire crew to have to train this guy...

It pissed me off after a while because as soon as I got the person trained and up to speed...he would be taken off my crew and I would be assigned another "new guy".

When I complained to the owner about this, he sold me this "nigger product":

"well Josh, you do such a fine job training new people...thats why you get the new person on your crew..."

While that may be a true statement, the White males on the job were still recieving a higher salary than I. Not only that, when a supervisory position opened up, some of these White people I trained were given the position.

So my suggestion is to include references to any training you do for a person in you letters of recommendation you write for this person.

Josh

Josh
Auditor1

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Letters of Recommendation Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
I have found it helpful on several occasions, when looking to be promoted on the job, to gather letters of recommendation from other people on the job and vendors the company I work for interact with. This especially helps when being promoted to managerial positions.

It is "common practice" that letters of recommendation reveal a character trait of the individual that is complimentary, either in personability or in the ability to get the job done or both.

In the past I have let people I work with know, preferably managers because their letters carry more weight in the company, that I am looking to advance to a position (whichever position) and am requesting a letter of recommendation from them to aid in that advancement. I would also provide them with times and places where I helped their department in the past if necessary.

Here is how I did it:

(1) Let people I work with know I am looking to advance to a position (whichever position) and am requesting a letter of recommendation from them to aid in that advancement. This includes employees and/or vendors that do business with the company I am employed with.
(2) Ask that the letter of recommendation be e-mailed directly to me. This way I can choose to use it or not and I have an electronic copy of the letter that is traceable to the source. I can print it if need be.

This strategy needs to be refined and I am open to any suggestions that will result in a constructive outcome for the person requesting a letter of recommendation. Letters of recommendation also help with Performance Reviews. I have gotten some pretty hefty raises in the past using this strategy in Performance Appraisals.

Since Racism (White Supremacy) exists and because it exists non-white people with the same titles as white people, doing the same work as white people, don't make the same amount of money as white people, this is a strategy to help maximize the amount of money non-white people could make...but it ain't never gonna be the same as white people under the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism).

Since non-white people ain't ever gonna be worth the same as white people in the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism), while you're using the strategy above and refining it to maximize the amount on money you could make as a non-white person in this unjust SYSTEM, I also suggest you work on replacing the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) with a SYSTEM of justice simultaneously.

The best way to get promoted on the white man's job, if you are fortunate to have any other black people working under you, is to be real hard on your black subordinates or co-workers. Show that white man how loyal you are to the him, that it is you who know best how to make the slaves most productive.
Karim

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Letters of Recommendation Reply with quote

Auditor1 wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:

Here is how I did it:

The best way to get promoted on the white man's job, if you are fortunate to have any other black people working under you, is to be real hard on your black subordinates or co-workers. Show that white man how loyal you are to the him, that it is you who know best how to make the slaves most productive.
Damn...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: