HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Non-Race = Non-White

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Non-Race = Non-White Reply with quote

This topic would be best suited for either the Using Words Correctly forum or this forum. This is an actual occurrence of when I was applying for a security clearance at a job once.

I was being fingerprinted by a female who I suspect was a white person. Under the section for race I wrote "N/R". She asked me...

What does N/R Mean?

I responded by saying...

Non-Race.

She asked me...

What does that mean?

I responded by saying...

I'm not a member of a race.

She stared at me for what seemed to be a long time. I asked her...

What should I write?

She responded by saying...

If I were you I'd write "black".

I knew she didn't answer my question. Some non-white people would've just stopped there...not asking enough questions. I asked additional questions. I asked...

Should I write "black"?

She responded by saying...

Yes.

I asked another question...

Should I scratch out N/R and write "black"?

She responded...

Yes.

Now what is the utility of this? Under the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) a white person told me to do something. This means that basically I was doing as I was told. Under the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) whatever a white person says is valid.

Jobs are getting harder and harder to come by. Sometimes non-white people have to do whats necessary to get that job so that they can be in a position to be most effective to counter racism (white supremacy). Non-white people must learn to use words in such a manner that they are not harmed because under the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) non-white people are supposed to be harmed.

If it ever comes back where someone says "Right here you wrote that you are a black person"...I can always say "I did what I was told to do". This keeps me on the offense. Now, let's go find the person that told me to do it because there is probable cause that person committed a crime.
copious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Non-Race = Non-White Reply with quote

WOW!

you have stated almost down to the LETTER what happened to me when I went to get my security clearance. I didn;t fill in the blank (bubble - 2nd papper) where RACE was. After I finished the girl (white) came over to me and aid I had "Forgotten" to fill it in.

I simply looked at her and said "I don't know what that means. As far as I know I'm not part of a RACE".

when she heard this her eyebrows allmost went BEHIND her head and she just gawked at me like "WHERE'S YOUR NIGGER TRAINING!". She attempted to point to BLACK and say you want this one - but not saying it directly. I simply said "I'm not black". And she almost fell out in shock - not being able to gather a complete sentence.

I simply looked at her like a child would not knowing no better. She eventually had to go get the director (yes, director) of the facility and he asked what the problem was. I told him the same as I told her.

He was also white around 50 years of age. He sort of look looked at me in query and then he went to the side with her. They came back and he actually told me I had to choose one, but he thought I could choose OTHER. So he was helping me avoid putting BLACK - yea I was surprised he was so forward in helping me.

I believe this is because I had to passed several intellegence and personality exams/tests and he was relly enthused about my "score". It was on a Wed I did all that stuff and by Friday I had a job. I think he was impressed at my get things done attitude, and he was attempting to help a "brother" out. Oh yea and the job? It's very nice. I thank him for that.

All in all to this day if I ever have to go to the headquarters that girl will NOT see me thought she is head of facilities. Shes afraid to even speak to me on the phone, strange huh?

Please disregard all typos and other grammer errors I got excuses - I'm just off work.

What's next?
cope
Josh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of you have had very interesting experiences. I think they are both in part due to the fact that "race" is a construct, a political construct...a political construct set up by White people to facilitate the practice of racism White supremacy.

Look at it this way. Both of you are male...you're not "part male" or "male-otto". You don't hafta conspire with someone to function as male.

White people fully understand they are responsible for setting up and maintaining a system of race AND they have carnal knowledge of the purpose of it.

Both of your behaviors were characteristic of "non race" people who are aware of this. Thats what the 'eyebrows behind the head" were all about.

I get the same reaction when I say I ain't proud to be Black.

I didn't have nothin to do with that

Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: