HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: Internet Reply with quote

Code:
Make it a practice not to "surf" or "cruise" the Internet while at your job.

Reason/Explanation:
Never put yourself in a position, as a victim of racism (white supremacy), where white people can do more harm to you than you are receiving at any given moment under the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism).

One of the strategies for countering racism (white supremacy) is for non-white people to do all that is in their POWER to make sure they don't get harmed and/or other non-white people don't get harmed because under the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) non-white people are the most harmed.

Going to the Internet on your job computer to check your HotMail account, or to do various other things, even to come here, is not suggested to be done by non-white people, even when white people tell you it is "OK" for you to do it. Remember, you are in a SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) that, as a result of white people choosing to mistreat non-white people on the basis of that classification, white people are able to do things that non-white people cannot and/or should not.

If you have to search the Internet to do your job make sure you do the following:

(1) Only go to those web sites approved in your Roles and Responsibilitites that outline your Job Description.
(2) Only bookmark web sites approved in your Roles and Responsibilitites that outline your Job Description.
(3) Always clear your "Address History" after each Internet search or visit.
(4) Always delete any "Cookies" after each Internet search or visit.
(5) Always delete any "Temporary Internet Files" you may have after each Internet search or visit.

The best you can do is suggestions (1) and (2). If you must use the Internet for other than what is outlined in your Roles and Responsibilities I suggest you always perform suggestions (3), (4), and (5).

This will not keep spyware from tracking where you go on the Internet. I have setup some spyware packages that count key clicks and some that take pictures of your screen periodically through the day and saves the pictures in a folder on a network drive.
copious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to add.

When you do any deleting in a browser make sure you go to the DIRECTORY of the cookies and cached files by clicking "Tools -> Internet Options -> Settings -> View Files" . It's important you do not ise the Delete Files or Delete Cookies as this process does not truly delete the information off of the computer. DO press "Clear History".

Once in "View Files", hold down a "CTRL" key and then click "A" - this highlights all files in the directory. Then hold "CTRL" and press "Delete" or the "DEL" key. This wipes the information from the computer for good. If you simply press "DELETE" or "DEL" without "CTRL" it does not truly delete the information, it remains in a special place on the computer in settings and preferences and under the trash bin.

Last but not least, click the Start button in the lower left hand cornor and then select "Run". Some places do not allow you to do this but incase they do... and type "CMD". This will bring up a Command Prompt.

Type exactly as follows. "CD\" -> "CD\recycler" -> "Dir/ash". If you see any files besides the names with "DIR" on the left do as follows. "ATTRIB -s -h *.*" This makes all hiden and system files deletable. You can NOT delete these files from inside the GUI by clicking empty Recycle Bin. Then type "DEL *.*" -> "DIR /ash". If there are any directories besides the "." and "..". Type as follows "DIR {dir name here and it's going to be LONG}". you'll know you're there by the prompt changing to the new Directory. Repeat the instructions of "DIR /ash" -> "Attrib -s -h *.*" -> "Del *.*". When done follow same instructions in case there are any more directories. Should only be a few 2 or less - total.

Then type "CD..". and then "DEL {dir name again}". repeat and rinse till no more directories or files remain but "." ".." and "recycler".

Viruses tend to hide here too. So it'as good to clean it out once and a while anyways. (2-3 months).

Oh yea.

Why are you entertaing yourself on the net at WORK?
cope
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good addition copious. Some people that aren't techies may have a problem with those instructions so you may want to refine them. And some of those instructions will not work using a browser different than Internet Explorer.

You could just write instructions for a couple of the mostly used browsers (I.E. and Netscape), including pictures, and I can post it on the Counter-Racism Collaboration Area.
GOODYMAN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to following the above suggestions, install on your workstations a program called BCWIPE.

History and cache is still resident on your computer when you delete them using your Web Browser. The Department of Defense has written an algorithm that not only removes, but wipes all the traces of any file or files from your computer that you choose, making it irretrievable only by having your hard drive sent to a laboratory and the magnetic data electronically extracted from the drive.

I will post the link upon the permisson of the moderators.

http://www.counter-racism.com/cgi-bin/work-study/viewtopic.php?t=366&highlight=
Last post on the page.
Don't ask me again.

Last edited by GOODYMAN on Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

GOODYMAN wrote:
In addition to following the above suggestions, install on your workstations a program called BCWIPE.

History and cache is still resident on your computer when you delete them using your Web Browser. The Department of Justice has written an algorithm that not only removes, but wipes all the traces of any file or files from your computer that you choose, making it irretrievable only by having your hard drive sent to a laboratory and the magnetic data electronically extracted from the drive.

I will post the link upon the permisson of the moderators.

You have the permission to post the link GOODYMAN but readers should use caution installing any application on their computers in the workplace that is not authorized by their company's security office.

Be advised.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: