HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Minimize Contact/Conflict

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trina

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Minimize Contact/Conflict Reply with quote

Minimize contact with co-workers after the workday is over. Do not call co-workers after work to gossip about other co-workers or things that happened at work unless you are giving constructive advice on how to handle certain situations or improve work performance.

Do not visit fellow co-worker's at their home unless absolutely necessary and only for constructive purposes only,i.e, returning an item you borrowed or seeing how they are doing if they are ill or had death in family.

If male or female try not to date or socialize with the opposite sex co-workers. If you find yourself in this situation always invite another couple that does not work with you as witnesses just in case something happens. You never know who's who...I know sometimes this is hard to do but try not to involve yourself in such activities. You'll be better off in the long run.

Under NO circumstances BORROW money from co-worker's who you feel are "good friends" of yours. If you have to borrow do it only ONCE and pay back the person IMMEDIATELY. Make sure the terms of repayment are clear and in writing. Make copies of everything and question things that are not clear. Pay in postal money order or cash. Don't use checks. Sign and date and keep copies of everything for at least a year or more or as long as you work for that employer.

Trina

Last edited by Trina on Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:23 pm; edited 5 times in total
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent suggestion Trina.
GOODYMAN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Logic when dealing with others in the workplace.

Weigh carefully when and if you have grievances with coworkers. Carefully log and document any and all activity before and up to an incident that lead to said grievance. Then, deicde if filing a grievance will promote justice and harmony.

Do not gossip about coworkers to other coworkers.

Do not gossip about coworkers to anyone, even to friends, families, or significant others.

Do not use the word(s) friendship to describe the relationship between yourself and coworkers. You have a "conscientious level of association", at best. In fact, it would be best to just use "coworkers". This may offend and hurt feelings, but the truth of the matter is that is what you were going in, and should be so going out.

I will add more later.

http://www.counter-racism.com/cgi-bin/work-study/viewtopic.php?t=366&highlight=
Last post on the page.
Don't ask me again.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

GOODYMAN wrote:
Use Logic when dealing with others in the workplace.

Weigh carefully when and if you have grievances with coworkers. Carefully log and document any and all activity before and up to an incident that lead to said grievance. Then, deicde if filing a grievance will promote justice and harmony.

Do not gossip about coworkers to other coworkers.

Do not gossip about coworkers to anyone, even to friends, families, or significant others.

Do not use the word(s) friendship to describe the relationship between yourself and coworkers. You have a "conscientious level of association", at best. In fact, it would be best to just use "coworkers". This may offend and hurt feelings, but the truth of the matter is that is what you were going in, and should be so going out.

I will add more later.

Excellent suggestions GOODYMAN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: