HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Racist or just clueless bigot?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrow_Slinger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Racist or just clueless bigot? Reply with quote

At work last night a co-worker made this statement:

"It is the way black people were raised, thats why crime is high where THEY live. Now look at most mexicans, of course the ones here are nice, but most are involved in crime"

Comments?
Karim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Racist or just clueless bigot? Reply with quote

Arrow_Slinger wrote:

"It is the way black people were raised, thats why crime is high where THEY live. Now look at most mexicans, of course the ones here are nice, but most are involved in crime"

Comments?

Are you a white person?
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Racist or just clueless bigot? Reply with quote

Arrow_Slinger wrote:

Comments?

I've been in similar situations in a "workplace-atmosphere".

An effective response could've simply been:

Quote:
"Very intresting comment."

Then, I would immideatly document who said what, when, and where. And also who was present.

One reason to respond this way is because, in many situations on-the-job, you may not have the time or the energy to get into a long conversations and/or arguments about Racsim/White Supremacy, even though you may feel compelled to do so.

Another reason for selecting this very brief manner, is to avoid getting baited into a long drawn-out, circular conversation that's gonna go nowhere, at the speed of light.

Those types of dialogs only help the Racists, because they only help to further confuse victims-of-racsim about how the system of Racsim/white supremacy actually works, rather than to provide clarity.

And the more clear things become, the harder it becomes to mistreat someone who may have formally been confused.

So the last thing I would suspect a Racist wants a victim-of-racsim to have is CLARITY.

It's kinda hard to get over someone who is aware of what is happening.

See what I mean?

And this is where counter-racist language 'earns it's money', so to speak.

Above all else, counter racist language should be provideing CLARITY.

Enough clarity for a 7-year old to understand.

Literally.

As I suggested, a way of accomplishing this by default, is to use the least amount of words possible to make your point.

Quote:
White Person: It is the way black people were raised, thats why crime is high where THEY live. Now look at most mexicans, of course the ones here are nice, but most are involved in crime"

Non White Person: Very intresting Comment

Don't get much more clearer than that, that's for damn sure!!

smallz

PS.
Almost forgot, Arrow-slinger are u a white person?
Josh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with smallz's strategy. Clarity is key in any communication.

Let look at the statement that was made to you:

Hmmm,

When these types of cryptic statements are made to me, I always ask a question.

Speciffically a question

that provides DEFINITIONS of the terms the speaker is using.

It may take a lot of questions but my basic strategy is to force the speaker (through the use of questions) to make the statement using counter racist language.

In the noted text there are a number of words that can be defined to better reveal truth; such as:

black people

crime

mexicans

nice

In other words, make the White person do the work for you.

In most cases they will bail out when they realize what you are doing, White people do the math quick.

In many cases they will give up on you and go try to find some other nigger that will "take the bait".

Its gonna be interesting when they day come when only "quality products" are bought.

Warehouses for as far as the eye can see piled up to the cieling with assortted rusting nigger products.

I can't wait.

Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: