HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

I don't think of them as black

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: I don't think of them as black Reply with quote

I don't think of them as black

OBSERVED PHENOOMENON:

White people say they do not think of their black friends as black.

Hypothesis:

Under the system of racism white supremacy, a white person identifying a person as nonwhite is the necessary preliminary step to mistreating them on the basis of color (practicing racism white supremacy). Therefore a white person will often say they don't think of their black FRIENDS as black.

Its a the way a white person indicates that even though a person is qualified to be mistreated on the basis of color, [they] won't and/or do not intend to do it.

EXPERIMENT:

Find a white person and ask them the following questions:

1. Are you a white person?

2. Do you have any black friends?

3. How do you know they are black?

4. To you, what is the meaning of them being black?

EXPECTED RESULTS:

A white person will answer the 4th question by saying:

1. "it doesn't mean anything to me"

2. "I don't think of them as black"

Under the system of racism white supremacy, a white person identifying a person as nonwhite is the necessary preliminary step to mistreating them on the basis of color (practicing racism white supremacy). Therefore a white person will often say they don't think of their black FRIENDS as black.

Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: