HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

2nd Annual Counter-Racist Science Project Competition QandA

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: 2nd Annual Counter-Racist Science Project Competition QandA Reply with quote

We will be hosting our 2nd Annual Counter-Racist Science Project Competition effective September 15th, 2004.

The prize for the contest will be $300.00 US. Entries will be accepted until 11:55PM October 15th, 2004. Science Project Entries will be "graded" until 11:55PM October 31st, 2004 and the prize money will be awarded on November the 3rd. Any questions concerning the competition process and/or criteria should be posted in the Counter-Racist Science Project forum under this thread and will be promptly responded to.

The objective is to produce code that can be used to replace the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) with a SYSTEM of justice. Anyone can enter, except the people helping to grade entries of course, white and non-white people. One of the requirements is that it must be written utilizing the scientific process in the Counter-Racist Science Project Forum.

Anyone interested please respond to this sticky.

Last edited by Edward Williams on Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:39 am; edited 6 times in total
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: 2nd Annual Counter-Racist Science Project Competition QandA Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
We will be hosting our 2nd Annual Counter-Racist Science Project Competition effective September 15th, 2004.

The prize for the contest will be $300.00 US. Entries will be accepted until 11:55PM October 15th, 2004. Science Project Entries will be "graded" until 11:55PM October 31st, 2004 and the prize money will be awarded on November the 3rd. Any questions concerning the competition process and/or criteria should be posted in the Counter-Racist Science Project forum under this thread and will be promptly responded to.

The objective is to produce code that can be used to replace the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) with a SYSTEM of justice. Anyone can enter, except the people helping to grade entries of course, white and non-white people. One of the requirements is that it must be written utilizing the scientific process in the Counter-Racist Science Project Forum.

Anyone interested please respond to this sticky.

There has been a change in competition awarding. There will be a 2nd and 3rd prize awarded this year as well!

2nd place will be $150.00 US and 3rd place will be $50.00 US.

Isn't this exciting! Come on all you counter-racist scientists out there!

Let's replace white supremacy (racism) with justice!
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the recent inquiries from schools interested in participating in the 2nd annual Counter-Racism Science Project Competition we are offering more detailed instructions and incentive points to all K-12 students (people grades Kindergarten through grade 12) and an extra incentive for children under the age of 12 years.

Remember children...this is for justice...not the money.

Help to replace white supremacy (racism) with justice so that no person will be mistreated and also so the person that needs help the most get the most help.

Come on you counter-racist scientists!

Let's replace white supremacy (racism) with justice!
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one entry thus far into the Counter-Racism Science Project Competition. It looks like there may be a reoccurrence of last year's competition. Last year no one claimed the first place prize money. This year, it appears, no one will claim the second and/or third place prize money. The first place prize money will win by default because there are no other entries.

I appreciate no one entering and me being able to keep the money but the objective is for that not to happen. The objective is to get people to think, speak, and/or act to replace white supremacy (racism) with justice...and in the process be compensated by justice being promoted and making a little money. Doesn't get any better than that.

Now I know non-white people are thinking of being mistreated on the basis of color (racism white supremacy) because it is happening. Does it take much effort on the part of non-white people to think about and write about countering racism (white supremacy)? I know non-white people are not supposed to be thinking about replacing white supremacy (racism) with justice and it is difficult sometimes to get our minds wrapped around the concept that people are not supposed to be being mistreated. Based on all we've ever learned being mistreated and mistreating others is normal.

There is a white person that no longer posts on the Counter-Racism Work/Study Project that has more posts than me...and I'm the Moderator. What does that tell you? White people are thinking about maintaining, expanding, and/or refining this SYSTEM of injustice...while we just experience being mistreated on the basis of color.

Please make your entries as soon as possible!
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locking this thread since the 2nd Annual Counter-Racism Science Project Competition is no longer accepting entries.

See you next year for the 3rd Annual Counter-Racism Science Project Competition which will begin accepting entries October 15th, 2005 and cease accepting November 15th, 2005.

Thank you to everyone that wrote and ran Counter-Racism Science Experiments, those of you who may have only written Counter-Racism Science Experiments, and to those of you who only thought about writing a Counter-Racism Science Experiment this year.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlocking this thread to make the announcement.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we have a winner!!!

I would first like to thank everyone who participated in this years Counter-Racism Science Project Competition. I would also like to thank everyone who wanted to participate but was unable to. I would also like to thank everyone that thought about participating...the thoughts themselves put out in the universe help toward replacing white supremacy (racism) with justice. And last, but not least, I would like to thank the people who may or may not have been aware of this years Counter-Racism Science Project Competition who experiment and strive on a day-to-day basis, to replace the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) with a SYSTEM of justice. If you are already experimenting to counter racism (white supremacy) you may want to enter next year...you might as well get paid for what you are already doing for free.

We have a 1st and 2nd place prize to be awarded this year. After the winners are notified vie e-mail their Counter-Racism Science Projects will be placed in this thread where the registered users can vote on which one allows them the best information to replace the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) with a SYSTEM of justice. You will not be...I repeat...

You will not be voting for a winner of the 2nd Annual Counter-Racism Science Project Competition as the 1st and 2nd place prizes have already been awarded.

All that is left are the formalities in the following order:

(1) Notify participants of prize awardings.
(2) Post winning Counter-Racism Science Projects in this thread for votes.(3) Send prizes awarded to winning participants.

Thanks again to everyone that made the 2nd Annual Counter-Racism Science Project Competition another step in the path to replacing white supremacy (racism) with justice.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were two entries into the 2nd Annual Counter-Racism Science Project Competition. The awards are listed below. They are both excellent entries. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files:

1st Place: Peace and Justice

2nd Place: Counter-Racism Competition

You can vote at the top of this thread. Please enter why you chose the 1st or 2nd Place entry after you vote and how it helps you. Everyone may want to know how the Counter-Racism Science Project entry helps you.

We are all still learning...
Josh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to congradulate both participants in the counter racist science project competition. I voted for the "Peace and Justice" entry for 1st place because I thought it adhered better to the scientific method format; even going so far as to include the flo chart of:

Observed phenomenon

Hypothesis

Experiment

I almost voted for the "racism/metal illness" experiment due to its brevity and multiple data references.

Since this was the first competition with entries I didn't use my normal criteria for analysis.

But in the future, Im picking simplicity.

like : E=MC2

The less words, the better.

Josh
counterracism
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Polling Reply with quote

The polls capability has been removed from the Counter-Racism Work/Study Project. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: