HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Emotion and Logic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gnomadd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

bapoondiwa wrote:
Gnomadd wrote:
bapoondiwa wrote:
Gnomadd wrote:
Greetings all,

Don't you have to feel (mistreated), to warrant a reaction or counter-reaction?

What is your definition of mistreatment?

I'll attempt....

MISTREATMENT: When a person with more power harms another person or thing with less power, and fails to help that person or thing when in need of help.

If the above definition of mistreatment is what you mean when you say mistreatment, then regardless of what a person \\\"feels\\\" when a person with more power harms another person or thing with less power, and fails to help that person or thing when in need of help, that person is being mistreated.

What the person \\\"feels\\\" does not factor into the situation. The person might \\\"feel\\\" comfortable, or \\\"feel\\\" depressed, or \\\"feel\\\" happy, but no matter how that person \\\"feels,\\\" that person is still being mistreated.

How does one who is being mistreated distinguish mistreatment from say being nurtured?

How does the body know it's being harmed?

We seem to be testing the strength of the word FEELING, I don't know if it can be completely deleted from THE LOGIC, I could be wrong.

+ The first post of this thread speaks of required balance between emotion and the logic.
bapoondiwa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Quote:
="Gnomadd"
How does one who is being mistreated distinguish mistreatment from say being nurtured?

How does the body know it's being harmed?

We seem to be testing the strength of the word FEELING, I don't know if it can be completely deleted from THE LOGIC, I could be wrong.

+ The first post of this thread speaks of required balance between emotion and the logic.

The results will distinguish the difference between being mistreated from being nurtured.

If the body is cut with a weapon and the body begins to bleed, and the bleeding leads to unconsciousness, and unconsciousness leads to illness, and that illness leads to death, then the body is being harmed.

(EXAMPLE 1)

A patient who has a full blown incurable aids virus will die. They can take medication that makes them "feel" good, but the end result of the virus is death. The person "feeling" good the entire time they were dieing did nothing to stop them from dieing.

(EXAMPLE 2)
An athlete, who sets up a goal to increase their strength, endurance, and speed, will do exercises that aid in achieving those goals. During the time that they are following their exercise schedule, they have a relative who is dieing of a full blown incurable aids virus. The athlete "feels" depressed the entire time they are training their body, however after they have finished their exercise schedule, they have increased their strength, endurance, and speed.
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Good question to which I do not yet have an answer.

The Tragedy in new orleans seems to underline this question.

The question itself is evidence that we exist in an INjust system (white supremacy)...To the extent that the victims of that system (people of color) don't have a definitive mechanism for measuring what they are being given from the people in-charge in order for victims-of-racsim to determine if they are being given an antidote or a poison.

Winston
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: