HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Your Voice Is Being Heard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Your Voice Is Being Heard Reply with quote

I got the following e-mail today:

Will anyone from 'Counter-Racism.Com' be in London for BLACK UNITY WEEK 2006?

B.I.C.R.E.

The British Independent Commission for Racial Equality.

This e-mail was sent to all of the people who have contributed with Articles and/or Projects on the Counter-Racism.Com website. I responded by sending the following e-mail to which I am awaiting their response:

Edward Williams wrote:
I appreciate your invitation. I do not speak for anyone else on this e-mail thread. I most likely will not be available in person but would like to attend via video teleconference or phone teleconference. If either of these are possible please do not hesitate to contact me. I will also post your invitation on the Counter-Racism Work/Study Project.

Please let me know if I can do anything further to further your efforts.

Edward Williams

ladyz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say Mr. Williams I reside here in England and can say without a doubt that the Commission for Racial Equality has no power. In fact at the last British University that I attended there was array of racial division and unprofessionalism, it was oriented on international students where they kept the school running and not its staff. And many were mistreated by English tutors. Trevor Phillips spoke at the graduation talking about how multicultural Britain was and how it had change and indeed reading his speech sounds like politics and not progress.

I didn't attend only heard about it clearly he was unaware of the realities and problems that the University. He also did a documentary in Education and Afro-Carribean males and went over to the States to visited the poorest urban schools as a means to use African-American theories to help alleviate the problem of education with black British males.

I can say without a doubt he appears to be unhelpful and at best promoting the racist system. Afro-Carribeans have a different history compared to Africans in America so I found his approach very distasteful, insulting and unhelpful and I have been here nearly three years and have witnessed the disapportioned among of successful Afro-Carribean males compared to Africans in America even though they have been here since the 50's the Asians have out did them in all sectors and fields where they are still at the bottom of the barrel in achievement.

So when I see the Commission for Racial Equality, they are not pulling back to help future black folks nor do they make heads turn in this racist country.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

ladyz wrote:
I must say Mr. Williams I reside here in England and can say without a doubt that the Commission for Racial Equality has no power. In fact at the last British University that I attended there was array of racial division and unprofessionalism, it was oriented on international students where they kept the school running and not its staff. And many were mistreated by English tutors. Trevor Phillips spoke at the graduation talking about how multicultural Britain was and how it had change and indeed reading his speech sounds like politics and not progress.

I didn't attend only heard about it clearly he was unaware of the realities and problems that the University. He also did a documentary in Education and Afro-Carribean males and went over to the States to visited the poorest urban schools as a means to use African-American theories to help alleviate the problem of education with black British males.

I can say without a doubt he appears to be unhelpful and at best promoting the racist system. Afro-Carribeans have a different history compared to Africans in America so I found his approach very distasteful, insulting and unhelpful and I have been here nearly three years and have witnessed the disapportioned among of successful Afro-Carribean males compared to Africans in America even though they have been here since the 50's the Asians have out did them in all sectors and fields where they are still at the bottom of the barrel in achievement.

So when I see the Commission for Racial Equality, they are not pulling back to help future black folks nor do they make heads turn in this racist country.

All non-white people practice inferior POWER under the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy). The question is what are YOU going t odo about it?
ladyz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know what I can do about it, every battle that I fight produce merits no substance in the end and white the masses are challenged terms are applied like 'you are a trouble maker' therefore the measure of engagement to produce change can only be effective when collective unity of many voices are heard.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

ladyz wrote:
I do not know what I can do about it, every battle that I fight produce merits no substance in the end and white the masses are challenged terms are applied like 'you are a trouble maker' therefore the measure of engagement to produce change can only be effective when collective unity of many voices are heard.

You change things around you by changing you.
ladyz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sir I am already changed; used to allow people to walk all over me don't do that anymore, used sit back and be silent and respectful that produce nothing; used to let people treat me like nothing; now I choose my battles carefully, therefore, the change in me has already happened. And fighting back is not being a 'trouble maker' its a sign of strenght. And I love the 'new' me where I fight back my energy is focus elsewhere now; this world is what it is and people are who they are..
As my parents taught me to listen alot, learn all that I can and give everything to God this is my strength and not trying to 'please' or appeal to others, at best the change is growth and I am loving it. In any event, my other posts was a way to identify realities here and not to take it back on me, fair enough because it not a matter of me changing but a question as to why you reacted the way you did by reshaping the initial conversation but thanks away, I have already taken life lessons from my elders but I appreciate your effort anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: